If you haven’t heard, it’s not just the end of the year, it’s the end of a DECADE. And if you are on social media, you have probably seen (and maybe posted) photos of people from 2009 and 2019. It’s called the Decade Challenge.
I’m not here to post photos for the decade challenge. Let’s be honest…we all post those because we actually look better now than 10 years ago. Part of that is our hair and clothing choices have improved. A lot can be attributed to filters, better smartphone cameras, contouring going mainstream, and YouTube hair and makeup tutorials.
Instead of posting a photo for the decade challenge, I wanted to share 10 things I would go back and tell 2009 Amanda. You can read mine below, but I challenge you to do the same. Tag me on social @2lsmarketing_ or send me an email or a link. I wanna hear your wisdom. Here we go.
Sweet 26 year old Amanda, here’s what I would tell you if I could go back in time:
1. Move to Montana.
2. You are going to be okay having just one kid. Don’t worry, he’s really awesome.
3. You should never dread going to work. If (when) you do, trust your gut. Run for the hills and never look back.
4. Know your value. Demand what you’re worth.
5. Boundaries are beautiful. Set healthy boundaries—both personal and professional—and stick to them.
6. Spinning is going to come back and be cool again.
7. It’s okay to do things differently than other people. Just be sure to give others the option to do things their way and respect their choices.
8. There are going to be a lot more Real Housewives franchises. And you’ll watch most of them.
9. Remember this word…Instagram. You’ll thank me in a few years.
10. Travel as often as you can. Near, far, everywhere in between.
Now it’s your turn. If you could go back 10 years and give yourself advice, what would it be?