Here in Northwest Montana, we are feeling the spring vibes. The snow is melting, the temps are warming up and Spring Fever is hitting. The change of seasons—especially Fall and Spring—always motivates and energizes me to make changes, get organized and revisit goals. If you are looking to spring clean your business, here are 5 ideas:
- Update your website: Go through and take stock of how your online presence looks. Is there some copy on your site that could be rewritten to sound better or more accurately reflect what you do or who you serve? Is your brand being represented as effectively as possible? Do you need new photos? I do! Are all the links working on your site? Remember the 3 questions your website needs to answer. Does your website hit the mark?
- Organize your emails: Take an hour to focus on deleting old emails and unsubscribe from emails you no longer read. Use a service like UnrollMe to help you unsubscribe easily.
- Rework your brand messaging: Does your brand message focus on your ideal customer or on you? Rework your messaging to put your client at the center of your message. Include these four elements: Who is your customer? This is the character at the center of your one-liner. What problem does your customer have? This should be a pain point that your customer can relate to and actually feel. How do you solve their problem? How does your product or service take the pain away? What is the end result/benefit for the customer? Let the customer picture what their life will be like when you take their pain away.
- Automate what you can: Are you doing everything manually? Posting to social media, emailing prospects, customer service, bookkeeping. You can automate it all with apps and tools. Not only does automation free up precious time, it also helps make sure things don’t fall through the cracks. If you want to explore automation and how it can help your business (and your sanity), let’s talk.
- Actually clean your desk/office: This seems like a no brainer, but when was the last time you cleaned your keyboard? Throw away old papers. Take your desk trash out. Wipe down your desk. Organize desk drawers. A clean, organized desk and office space will improve your productivity and creativity.
How are you spring cleaning your business?