Last week while driving to pick up my grocery order, I had a thought. Let me know if you can relate to this. I started thinking, why are there certain things we don’t think twice about paying someone else do you, yet in our business we feel we have to do everything ourselves?
Think about it…
- We let other people do our grocery shopping
- We let other people babysit and teach our children
- We let someone else cut, color and style our hair
- We let someone else change the oil in our car
- We let other people cook for us at restaurants
Basically, we are expert outsourcers in our personal lives. Maybe it’s because it’s just the way things have always been done. But I think there’s more to it than that.
So what makes business outsourcing so different and so much harder?
- Is it about struggling to relinquish control?
- Is it that we think we have to do it all alone to prove we deserve success?
- Or that you have to reach a certain level in your business to justify bringing in help?
To that, I say…SAYS WHO? You don’t have to wait until you reach a certain level to ask for help. You don’t have to do it all alone.
You don’t get extra credit for making things harder on yourself. I promise, even with help, it’s still going to be hard. 🤪
Here’s the thing about outsourcing anything in life or business…It all comes down to trust. We trust the restaurant isn’t going to poison us, the stylist isn’t going top butcher our hair, or that the babysitter is going to keep our child safe.
But trust takes time. And when it comes to outsourcing, you have to trust not only the person/business you’re outsourcing to, but also trust yourself.
What do you need to trust someone you outsource things to in your business? Experience? Reviews? A gut feeling?
I call myself “your marketing and social media bestie” not to be cute, but because of what the term BESTIE means to me. A bestie is someone you can trust, someone to turn to whether you need help or want to celebrate. That’s what I want to be for YOUR BUSINESS.
So if you’re looking for a bestie for your biz, you’re in the right place, and I would love to connect and earn your trust so you don’t have to think twice about leaning on me for support!