Are you Team Monday? We have always been taught to dread Mondays. While Monday will never be Sunday Funday, there are still things you can do to start to look forward to your Mondays. Here are 5 things to do to get excited about Monday.
- Make the most of your weekends: Have you ever had a weekend where you don’t do anything? Sounds nice, right? Well, it might not be the best way to go into Monday excited. While rest is important and you should take time to recharge, also make sure to plan in fun or productive activities. Have friends over for dinner, go to the farmers market, go on a hike or a long walk. If you feel like you soaked up as much of the weekend as possible, you won’t feel as bummed about Monday rolling back around.
- Set aside time on Sunday to plan: This habit has made Mondays so much more productive and smooth for me. If I wait until Monday morning to plan my week, it always feels frantic. Rather than being proactive and tackling my top tasks, I go into reactive mode where I am just trying to keep up without actually getting ahead. Spending an hour on Sunday with my coffee (or a glass of wine) to plan my Big 3 tasks for the week and what I am going to prioritize for Monday is a game changer.
- Start with gratitude: When you start your day, write down at least 3 things you are grateful for. You should do this every day. But on Monday write down what from the weekend you are grateful for. It will remind you that you had a great weekend and inspire you to make the most of your day rather than wishing it was still the weekend.
- Get enough sleep & water: I love Sunday Funday as much as the next gal, but I also love waking up feeling refreshed and energized. No amount of coffee will fix you if you don’t get enough sleep or drink enough water. So make sure you chase those mimosas with aqua and go to bed at a decent hour (can you tell I’m a mom?).
- Have something to look forward to: I love to schedule something special just for Monday. This can be something in the morning or the evening. Think of it as Monday self care. Schedule a yoga class after work. Make yourself a special coffee drink in the morning. Plan a phone date with your bestie to catch up. Pick out a new recipe for dinner. Having something to look forward to on Monday will make it just that—something to look forward to rather than dread.
Bonus tip: Have a morning routine. I love my morning routine. I actually look forward to the early morning hours where it’s just me and I can get some uninterrupted productive work done. I am naturally a morning person, and I am most productive and creative in the morning, so I try to make the most of it. Here is how my mornings look lately:
What do you do to make Mondays a little less “Monday”? Do you have a morning routine?